The following proposals for changes to the League Rules are to be voted upon at the AGM. These are proposed by the Committee.
1. Amendment to Rule 4 – ‘The League Management Committee shall elect their own Chairman on an annual basis following the AGM each year.’
2. Amendment to Rule 4 – Add ‘Fixtures/Results Secretary’.
3. Amendment to Rule 12 – ‘The offending team shall pay the sum of £15 to a Three Player Team / £20 Four Player Team as a contribution towards their expenses if they fail to turn up to a match and the non offending team is already at the league venue, or cancel a match after 6.30pm on the evening of the match. Such expenses shall be paid within 28 days to the non offending Captain.’
4. Amendment to Rule 15 – Add ‘League Fees for the season together with any Tournament Entry Fees for the season shall remain payable in full.’
5. New Rule 4b – ‘Committee Members shall be required to attend a minimum of 50% of Committee Meetings. Unless otherwise agreed, non compliance may result in the Committee Member being asked to stand down from the Committee with immediate effect.’
6. New Rule 12a – ‘In the event of a league match or tournament round being played at an alternative venue due to the home table being unavailable, the original home player/team shall remain as such for the purposes of the order of play and payment of any table fees.’
7. Amendment to Rule 6 – Add ‘Players must register separately to play in both the Three Player Division and the Four Player Divisions. Failure to do so will result in a 1 point penalty being applied to the offending team for each player who plays for them if they are not registered to that team in that division. A player who plays in both divisons shall pay only one player registration fee.’
8. New Rule 12b – ‘For a match to be confirmed via text, email or other electronic communication as either being cancelled and/or rearranged for a new date, such communication must be acknowledged in writing by either the Captain or Vice Captain of the other team for it to be deemed as agreed.’