At the AGM in July 2016, the following Resolutions were voted upon and agreed by those league members who attended the meeting. The League Rules document will be updated on the website to reflect these changes. Please can all Captains make their players aware of these changes so there are no issues during the forthcoming league season, thanks.
1. Amendment to Rule 2 – Proposed by the Treasurer
OMIT ‘All fees due to the League must be paid by 31st December at the latest. Failure to do so will result in a £10 fine.
ADD ‘All league, tournament, sponsorship and any other fees payable to the League shall be due for payment no later than 30 days from the invoice date. At the discretion of the Treasurer, overdue invoices shall be subject to the Late Payment of Commercial Debts (Interest) Act 1998, with interest being added at the Bank of England Base Rate + 8%.’ RESOLUTION CARRIED
2. Amendment to Rule 27 – Proposed by the Committee
ADD ‘Scratch Singles’ to the existing rule – ‘In order for a player to be eligible to enter and play in the Scratch Plus Singles or President’s Cup Tournament’s, they must have played in a minimum of either 3 league or cup matches in the first half of the season.’
3. Amendment to Rule 27 – Proposed by the Committee
OMIT ‘When assessing the handicap of a pair of players their combined handicaps are divided by two and rounded up to the nearest whole number.’
ADD ‘When assessing the handicap of a pair of players their combined handicaps are divided by two and rounded towards zero.’
4. Amendment to Rule 28 – Proposed by the Committee
ADD ‘which shouldn’t be the same day of the week and only one date should be a weekend’ to the existing rule – ‘It is the responsibility of the home player to advise the away player of three dates when the home table is available to play the match…..’
RESOLUTION CARRIED [Post Meeting Note at the EGM dated 26.07.16, Rule 28 Amendment was withdrawn]
5. Add New Rule 11A – Proposed by the Committee ADD ‘As a minimum for all league matches and tournaments, all Clubs should provide a snooker table that has been brushed and ideally ironed, together with a set of clean Aramith snooker balls’. RESOLUTION CARRIED
6. Add New Handicaps Rule 6 – Proposed by the Committee ADD ‘Any player not deemed by the Handicaps Committee to be on the correct handicap for their current ability may be subject to an exceptional manual handicap review at any point during the season. Such ad-hoc adjustments are to be agreed by the Committee’. RESOLUTION CARRIED
7. Add New Handicaps Rule 7 – Proposed by the Committee ADD ‘any player conceding a frame with sufficient points available shall not have that frame count towards their handicap (or that of their opponent), and one point will be deducted from their team’s accrued total to date’. RESOLUTION CARRIED